Knitting vs Spring 2015 Trends:
Overall themes: shape and structure vs. flow and romance, mixtures of casual and formal fabrics and embellishments. Layering. 60's, 70's and 90's, sometimes all at once. Not my favourite season ever, honestly, but a few really spectacular, wearable looks.
- 70's everything. Long silhouette, close at the top and flared at the bottom. Platforms. Long, narrow, leather jackets with defined waist. Crochet. Embellishment.
- Utility: pockets, buttons, military, safari, khaki
- Modern florals: large, bright colours, matisse-esque.
- Boho - flowy, florals, layering. Romanitc and soft with combinations of texture, colour and print.
- Japanese: prints, "kimonos" etc.
- Crop tops: fitted or loose, structured or soft. between bottom of rib and belly button height, either with high waisted or low waisted bottoms.
- Polo shirts.
- Deep, narrow "V" and low "U" necklines.