Welcome friends! Long Loooooonnng episode today (yikes!), hopefully I'll be more brief in weeks to come.
Come join the ravelry group! There will be prizes in the future; don't you want to be eligible to win one? I do. But I can't. But you can! Also, if there's anything missing from the shownotes, ask me there, or here on the blog!
See my Ravelry page for my knitting projects.
Knitting the Spring/Summer 2014 Trends:
Orange and coral, pastels, black and white, pink, very bright brights.
- Rain City Knits - brights. Especially electric coral.
- Spun Right Round - brights on fibre.
- Regia Fluormania.
- Vegan Yarn - naturally dyed pastels (Macaron and Safflower Pink) - and bonus! Summer fibres.
- Sweet Georgia - fabulous pinks.
Prints: geometric, florals, folk/tribal/aztec.
- Magickal Quiddich Socks by Jennifer Dassau.
- Pythagoras by Stacy Hsi.
- Yak by Keiran Foley.
- Pucker by General Hogbuffer.
- Spring Roses in Vienna by Kamilla
Mesh, chiffon, and transparency.
Shiny and irridescent:
- Use silk, bamboo, seacell, tencel blends.
- Spin something metallic and glittery.
Text, bold images, logos, slogans.
- Holsten by Ankestrick.
- Emanuelle Sweater by Merceces Tarasovich Clark.
- Metamorphosis Cardigan by Linda Wilgus.
- I'm Turning Japanese by Elizabeth Wolden
Silhouettes and "It" Pieces
Full Skirts, midi and tea length, high narrow waists. Wide Leg Trousers with a similar silhouette.
Bomber and moto jackets.
- Tara Jacket by Ashley Rao
Badass gladiator at Alexander McQueen.
- Oh Bondage by Alexandra Tinsley.
Phew. That was long.