Hey friends! Update day is my favourite day, not least because it's Friday and knit night day for me! I hear a lot of you are finishing the school year today, either as teachers or parents. Bring on summer!
I'll show off today's awesome update photomontage at the end of this post, but there are a few things I'd like to tell you first. Promise not to hate me?
I will no longer be doing self striping yarn or sewn bags for my shop.
I'm sorry guys, I know you love the stripeys. I love stripey yarn too, and even though I'm brimming with cool colour ideas, I just can't do it anymore. It's a lot of work for very little money, and it's sucking out my creative energy. I need that energy to make awesome yarn and focus more on designing. That said, never fear because there are loads of awesome stripy dyers out there! Here are a few of my favourites, who have not yet become so disgustingly popular that you can't catch an update to save your life:
- Friday Studios - oh the colours! Located in the EU
- Fishknits - very affordable, and amazing colour sequences!
- Desert Vista Dyeworks - gradients, stripeys, and more, oh my! Loads of things in stock, pretty much all the time, and a loyal fan base.
- Fireweed Dyeworks - she mostly dyes to order from her previous colourways, so contact her! Beautiful stuff.
As for the bags, I adore sewing but not for production. My machine is slow, for one thing, and making a bajillion of the same thing when I'm also trying to get yarn dyed and patterns written is just crazy. I can't wear this many hats. But I do have two very strong suggestions for you!
- Miso Crafty Knits - I know Melissa personally and I have one of her amazing sweater bags. Her sewing is immaculate, her service is fantastic, and she has an eye for amazing quality and adorable prints.
- Tangerine Designs - you do have to catch updates, but Casey's bags are to die for. Buy one - you'll see. Perfect construction, great fabric, and competitive prices.
Alrighty, the update!
I've listed the last of the bags, and don't forget, everything is 13% off this month with the TDF13 coupon code!
Those supported spindle bags are a killer deal because the design didn't quite come to fruition the way I planned. They are super padded and gorgeously squishy, they're sturdy and cute, but they have a few little wibbles in the stitching. I have one myself and it's great for taking my pretties on the go.