What are you hoping to do with yourself this year? I like to set out a few goals every January, for my crafting life and for my everyday achievements. I am adamant that they are not resolutions, even if the overall concept is much the same. In my opinion there is a sense of impermanence about new years resolutions, whereas goals are more lasting.
- I need to read. More specifically, I need to read things that aren't blog entries or Ravelry forums. Novels, nonfiction, essays, instructional books, and magazines are all fair game. I used to be an absolutely voracious reader before I became an exhausted parent.
- I need to continue to improve my mental, emotional, and physical health. More exercise would definitely help, as would getting a handle on my quick temper and mopey streak. I need to take more care of myself and squish away the aspect of my personality that likes to play the martyr.
- Play more vieo games! I bet I'm the only person you know with that goal eh? I love gaming, but I spend so much time on my other hobbies (or pissing away time on Ravelry) that I never get a chance to play games. Play board games with Jake too.
- Put 10% of our earnings away as savings. Be more budget conscious, and less focused on the importance of having things. Sigh... but I do love things.
- Cook more. In particular: bake bread, try new recipes, make more vegetarian meals, experiment with new ingredients and cuisines, and learn new ways to make tasty, healthy, and cheap meals. If I come up with anything good I'll share it on the blog ok?
- Get my driver's license. My learner's permit expired in 2004. It's time to pull up my big girl panties and learn to drive.
- Keep a cleaner house. This may involve vacuuming, doing dishes right after using them, and cleaning the bathrooms. Yuck. Maybe I can delegate this one to Jake?
Well, that is enough of goal setting! These are by no means the only things I want to do this year, but they're a good start.