I like circles. Need an awesome abstract painting? Grab some acrylics and slap a few circles on a canvas. Circles have all sorts of meanings in art: completion, balance, deity, the cosmos, journeys, and, you know, the lady bits. What's not to like? I recently realized that a large number of the tutorial links I've collected feature some sort of circle-y theme. This either suggests that I'm in the midst of a feminine spiritual awakening, or that I am a lazy abstract painter. Your choice.
Get the links, post jump...
- Connect the dot pillows are the perfect high-impact, low difficulty, home embroidery project. I think when I get around to making these, I'll do some circles of negative space within the french knot circles.
- I love the combination of modern and traditional aesthetics in this circular appliqued mini quilt.
- These throw pillows show off your fabrics beautifully. Don't need pillows? The tutorial for the quilt block is awesome just on its own.
- A little felt beach ball! I don't know what I would use it for yet, but I must make one.
- Turn a globe into a crazy cool chalkboard. It would make a great teaching tool.
Well, see you 'round!
Ha. Ha. Ha.